1. something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present.
3. something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned:
4. a special ability or capacity; natural endowment; talent: the gift of saying the right thing at the right time.
5. to present with as a gift; bestow gifts upon; endow with.
6. to present (someone) with a gift:
gift. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved September 02, 2015, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gift